Pages

8 October 2013

The Ducks' Army






Sometime over the last few days this art installation, The Ducks' Army, has found its way to my teeny town's pond, though I didn't notice it until yesterday evening when I drove through the town (honestly there's not much to do there. It's seriously small). But today I decided to go there and snap a few photos since we're already on the colour road (there's even more colours in my last post) and these rows of ducks have a pretty vibrant colour that'll do good on some photographs.
I'm no way near being someone who knows anything about art, but it seems like no one really understands what's up with these ducks. What is the message behind this strange art? Does it have anything to do with gene manipulation? Do they symbolize some kind of messengers?
The installation is made by a Danish artist called Bruno Kjær and it's moving around to different cities. It's kept a secret where they're moving to next and for how long they're staying, and I think it's kind of fun that there's been created this "mystery" around it.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, those are cool. I bet the real ducks were quite confused :D!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they didn't seem to mind them, but I think you're right that they were a bit confused. ;-)

      Delete
  2. That's so random and funny! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when there is an art installation in a public space, something that makes passerbys stop and think, even if they just glance at it and wonder what it's all about.

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's quite different than having to go to a museum which I also really like about it. :-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x