Pages

27 October 2013

Food for Thought



So not literally food (thanks for clarifying that) - just a little something to think about this gloomy Sunday afternoon.
The other day I was looking through some of my old stuff and stumbled upon some kind of scrapbook I'd made. In that I found this quote written on a side and it kind of got me thinking.
Don't we all sometimes blame everybody else for our misery? Even when we are actually in a position where we are able to at least try and change it ourselves. You can't just sit and wait around for people coming to you - don't expect they have any more courage than you have. Just think about what would happen if every single one of us expected others to take the first step.
In situations I (try) to think that I should do something about it myself even though it can be hard - but you're probably not the only one thinking that. :-)

6 comments:

  1. I love this quote, it's so true! I feel like I should try and have this attitude more often.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everybody would benefit from thinking like that! :-)

      Delete
  2. Yep, true story. We blame others way too many times. I'm beginning to realize, with each year, that I'm the one who needs to change the approach towards people - they won't just come to me, thing won't change just like that.

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - and I'll definitely have to remember this when I go travelling! :-) x

      Delete
  3. So true. Taking the first step can be so difficult sometimes.. But I always change a bit when I travel. I get more outgoing and less scared of taking chances. Therefore I never really have a problem getting in touch with people. I figure that if it goes wrong, I'll never have to see them again anyway. :P It's worse back home, I'm always scared of making the wrong move.. so I just don't make a move. Haha. But yes, we should all start taking responsibility for ourselves and stop blaming others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pretty much described me right there, but I agree on the travelling part. It's so much easier making contact with strangers when travelling. :-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x