Pages

13 October 2013

AM I THE TYPE?



I've always though I was the type to go travelling and exploring the world on my own. Fearlessly going down the streets somewhere in Hong Kong at night, making my way through busy markets in India... But what if I'm not?
I've planned an awesome trip starting this January where I'll go to Vietnam, Thailand and India and I couldn't be more excited, but it's my first time travelling all by myself and I can't help but listen to what everybody else has to say. And not a lot of people seem to think it's a good idea to go by myself ("and to India? Good heavens no!") and even though I'd like to brush these comments off I can't help but wonder. Do I actually have the courage to go into the world just me and myself? Will al these people be right after all that a young girl like me shouldn't be out exploring the world without a companion?
Writing this down, it sounds like absolute madness, because why live in fear that something might go wrong when a lot of things could go right? Because of course it'll be all right. And I can't wait to go. So world be ready, because here I come!
There you go, a confused rant from my travel-set mind which seem to change every other day --

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your travels, I don't think I could travel alone outside of europe x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You never know until you try it right? ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think you'll be just fine! There are so many others traveling alone that you'll no doubt make many friends along the way (if you want to that is, hehe). Traveling alone rarely means being ALONE because there are so many awesome people out there to meet. But being by oneself is a wonderful thing, and this trip will boost your confidence by 82394 %. Just be normally cautious (and don't walk alone at night in shady areas!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think (and hope) you're right, and you are a very well-travelled girl so I guess you know what you're talking about. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I think it's just perfectly normal that you ask yourself all these questions before going :). But everything will be fine, you'll learn so much from this experience and you'll get to know yourself even more. And you'll meet so many cool, interesting people! No worries, no panic, just enjoy :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you have a point there.
      I'm so glad you guys take the time to comment here! :-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x