Pages

4 May 2013

Review: Sally Hansen Nail Polish

If you've read one of my last posts you'll know that I got a 'Complete Salon Manicure' Sally Hansen nail polish in my monthly beauty box. It's in the colour 'Gray by Gray' and at first I wasn't too excited by the colour, but let me now admit that I actually quite like it.
The 'Complete Salon Manicure' is supposed to be all in one: both base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, colour, and top coat in one bottle. And who doesn't want to be able to skip all of those extra steps and just add two coats? Personally, I think it's a great idea.
It has one of those rounded applicators which I found worked really nice, and it applied really well on the nails - it made it super easy to get a nice line near the cuticles instead of that not-so-nice halfway-on-your-cuticles-look which I just can't stand my nails looking like.
I applied the polish a Sunday evening and didn't remove it until Wednesday night. It didn't even chip like some polished tend to do, it just got worn off in the very end of tips which was't even noticeable. That is some solid, long-lasting polish! I don't think I've ever tried on a nail polish that has lasted for so long - I'm seriously impressed. So that all-in-one thing is actually working. Nice job, Sally Hansen!
I ended up becoming really good friends with the colour even though I'd much rather call it blue  than grey (the second picture shows absolutely best how it actually looks). Also I got so many compliments on my nails in just the 3 days I was wearing it, so you'll definitely see me wearing it in the future as well.
This polish is absolutely approved by me and there's no doubt that I'll buy more colours - though they are a bit expensive at £10, but if you want a good polish I think it's worth it.

Have you tried any polishes from Sally Hansen and were you as impressed as I am?

27 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed reading it a lot.

    Cheers, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did - thanks for dropping by! x

      Delete
  2. ahahahahah yeah, its kind of a greyish blue? I think the Sally Hansen nail polishes are so so nice, I love them to pieces. I actually do not have a single color thats like that, (like I need more), and as wierd as this sounds, your cuticles look lovely. ahahhah xx

    misstephaniechen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are so nice (and truth be told I actually bought another one yesterday..). And thank you, I'll take that as a nice compliment, haha! x

      Delete
  3. This colour looks really nice, and super glossy! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks such a gorgeous shade!

    our-window.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I really do need a Sally Hanson nailpolish now. Seriously, I'm impressed by your review, you did a great job! :)

    x Vanessa | houseinthesand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do! ;-) And thanks a lot! x

      Delete
  6. This is a gorgeous colour I have one Sally Hansen polish and I love it!

    Gorgeous blog hunny following you, hope you stop by mine and say hello sometime. Look forward to reading you future posts

    Carrieanne xx

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'll drop by your blog right away! x

      Delete
  7. Amazing nail polish!!!!

    So cute blog..

    visit mine and follow if you like it! welcome!! ;)

    Greetings

    http://enaissoul.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check it out right away! x

      Delete
  8. lovely blog :)

    check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    xoxo rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this range of Sally Hansen nail polishes, the quality is so lovely! <3 Love the color you chose hun, it's so pretty! :))

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products!

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha 'approved' ;) Mooi kleurtje

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that color!! thanks for checking out my blog. Yes, I'm for sure going to do a post with that bow dress on! I just need a party or something to wear it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the color it's amazing sincerly i wanna try it i kind of lazy about my nails & just apply the nail polish instead of more products just convinced me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice colour!
    xoxo
    http://idontjustexistilive.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love that colour!
    http://pink-puffins.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shade of this nail polish, thanks for sharing :)

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a nice review. I really like Sally Hansen polishes. I've tagged you in my most recent post.

    Cheers, Kelsey.

    http://kelstr0.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exciting! Thank you, I'll see when I get around to do it. :-) x

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x