Pages

14 May 2013

New in: Recent Spring Purchases

The first two weeks of this month I've been shopping for a few bits and bobs. All with the excuse that I need it to get ready for spring.

First off all I bought a few pieces from the drug store: 
I found the Nivea in-shower body lotion with a 50 % intro discount. I absolutely such at moisturising regularly, so the idea of being able to put this on and rinse it off all while still in the shower speaks to me on a higher lever - yes thank you! Also I've been on the lookout for a nice cleanser, so when I spotted this Plaisir 3in1 moisturising cleanser it went straight to my basket as well. I don't know if you can sense it, but I'm all in for easy skin care.
And it can't come as a surprise that I bought a new nail polish from Sally Hansen - if you don't know what I'm talking about you can read here how impressed I was by the last one I tried. This time I went for Kook-A-Mango, which is a bright orange/red colour with a hint of coral - perfect for summer, anyone? I think yes!
I picked up just one more product which was the Clarins Ever Matte foundation. This wasn't cheap at all at £30 so I have high expectations for this one to cover up my - at times - pretty shiny face. I have combined/oily skin so I'll probably make a review later on to tell whether or not this'll work out.
While I was looking for a dress (apparently it's really hard to find a nice-looking dress when you're looking for one) I stumbled across a book store. No, not really - I deliberately went into one. What can I say, I find it so much easier to buy books than clothes. So instead of a dress I went home with two books: "The Art of Fielding" and "The Great Gatsby".
This being said, I actually did manage to find this dress from Second Female, which is floor-length so I'm excited to see how much I'm going to wear this as I rarely do long dresses. But I think it looks rather nice, and then I found these ballerinas from Billi Bi which match the subtle colour in the dress perfectly! Also they're super comfy (and they better be, because they weren't exactly cheap) and fits me foot really well - I can already see myself wearing these all spring.
.

28 comments:

  1. The nivea moisturizer is great! I hope there'll be a bit more sun soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I really enjoy it (and I write this while sitting inside looking out on the rain, sigh). x

      Delete
  2. Pretty little blog(: Now following, you can check out my blog and follow back via GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish to!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really do appreciate it! I'll go check out your blog right now! :-) x

      Delete
  3. Great post, amazing picks :)
    Would be amazing if you could check out my new post and let me know what you think.

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I'll check it out right away! :-) x

      Delete
  4. lovely pics. the nail polish color looks amazing! and i love the "great gatsby".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh have you read it? I haven't started it yet, but as the book lover I am I'm really excited! :-D

      Delete
  5. I love the colour of the nail polish and I bet that dress looks amazing. Yeah right, I wish it was more sunny!

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they look really nice together because of the subtle colour in the dress! :-) x

      Delete
  6. Love the sally hansen polish, I recently posted about a 50's shoot I did and this polish is great to bring some 50's glamour into everyday..love the pumps, they look super comfy and are a shade that would match every outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too. I love that it's really bright while not being too bright, haha. :-) x

      Delete
  7. I've been looking all over the place for a good (comfortable) pair of nude flats! Also, you have such a fresh beauty to you (lookin' at your photo in your sidebar) :)

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so comfortable! Unfortunately it's a Danish brand so they might be hard to find. :-( And THANK you - that's such a nice compliment! x

      Delete
  8. Nice post! I really like the flats :)
    pink-popsicles.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the nailpolish!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the nail polish, I also want to read The Great Gatsby before I watch the movie! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for books! That's an interesting cover on the Gatsby book--I'm so used to seeing the blue cover with the eyes. It's funny how those kinds of things make such an impression on us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice stuff. I like the nude flats. :)

    would u like to follow each other? If yes, just let me know. Have a nice day!..

    http://mastylee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already left a comment on your newest post - which I really like btw! :-) x

      Delete
  13. <3333 amazing stuff
    I love this book !

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Nivea in shower body moisturiser sounds amazing! I got a sample of it, the other day... I love it!! xx

    Gemma | ♥ International MAC RiRi Woo giveway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could spend hours in a book shop (and spend hundreds) you'll love the great gatsby X

    39augusts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have tried a sample of the nivea shower moisturiser (the one for dry skin) and I LOVE it :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried the Nivea in-shower body lotion and I really liked it :) Great purchases! x

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x