Pages

21 May 2013

First Impression: Samples

What do you do with all the small product samples you receive from magazines and elsewhere? Well I keep mine in the back of my drawer with the thought of using them later on - though, the fact is that I don't. They just build up in a pile and become lost and forgotten. What a sad fate...
Then when I was sorting out my makeup drawer the other day I found this chaos of samples and thought why not use them? So I did - I picked out 5 of the samples and tried them all on.
The products aren't particularly new as my stash of samples literally has existed for years, but nonetheless these are the products that tickled my fancy the most!
BodyNordic Guardian angel Protecting Hand & Nail cream
"This stuff smells rather nice. Ah wow, that's a strange texture! Oh God, now I can't use my computer for 15 minutes now..."
Actually I've never really had a problem with particularly dry hands so I don't really know anything about hand creams. What I do know though, is that most of the ones I've tried takes a pretty long time to sink into your skin - and this one was no exception. 

Lancôme: La Vie Est Belle
"Ah Jesus! Strong strong scent! Wait a minute, it might actually be rather nice. Or maybe more suitable for my mum."
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the fragrance - it smells really sweet and is super feminine. I just can't decide whether it's a bit more mumish for my liking.
Gosh Velvet Touch Eye Liner: "Green Devil"
"Wow! Green. It's so green - when am I ever going to wear green?"
The colour is actually pretty awesome and it's a nice texture which I reckon will be really easy to blend in nicely, I'm just not sure if I'll ever be able to rock a green eye liner. 

Lancôme Hypnôse Mascare Volume Sur Mesure
"Hm, this really doesn't look like anything special.."
This one I really enjoyed using! It had a really nice formula and it didn't clump at all. And if lashes can look elegant then this is what this mascara does - I think I might actually keep using this one. 

Wet 'n' Wild MegaWink Lash Curling Mascara
"Oohh, curved wand. If this curls my lashes it would be just great!"
I've actually never owned a mascara with a curved wand, so this was surely exciting! Though it did apply rather nicely it didn't do anything extra and unexpected on the lash-curling-side

Bear in mind these are not long-term reviews, but first impressions. Some of the products might be completely different from their first impression - who knows?

Have you tried any of these products for real? And how do you like them? :-)

10 comments:

  1. My samples all just build up too and then eventually end up getting thrown out. Such a good idea to review them!!
    I haven't tried any of these products but I like the sound of the Lancome mascara.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out it's a really nice mascara - I might have to go buy it! :-) x

      Delete
  2. Oh your post reminds me that I have so many samples that I need to try! The Lancome mascara sounds lovely and so many people love is so I need to try it at some point! :))

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! <3

    Andrea,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly! I always wander around with the thought that it can always be done later - it just never happens! ;-)

      I'll definitely check that out! x

      Delete
  3. It's so funny - I just bought a new Lancome "Doll Eyes" mascara and with it I recieved that little mascara that you are reviewing. And you know what? The sample is way better than the real one :D. So I'm currently using it :).
    Lovely blog & thanks for your nice words, I appreciate it :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a blessing in disguise you might call it haha. ;-) x

      Delete
  4. I have a 'Sample' Drawer... it's ridiculous I have soooo many. I think they're the perfect way of discovering products you'd never think to try though :D xx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love receiving samples. :-) x

      Delete
  5. great post! i have a gift bag full of samples and things 'to blog' it's getting ridiculous haha

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samples are always so awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x